We all might have heard the saying that “water is life,” but does that mean that if we drink the water directly from our taps are entirely safe? I would say that we cannot drink water straight from taps without any water purification in today’s world unless you live in the Himalayas. So the right solution is to purify our drinking water to buy a Best Water purifiers in India 2020.
However, the problem is to choose the right type of water purifier for us as there is a large variety of water purifiers available in the Indian market. Therefore to reduce your stress and increase your knowledge about the best purifiers, we have come up with a comprehensive guide that includes 10 Best water Purifier in India and a Buyer Guide.
I would suggest you go through the buyer’s guide before choosing the best water purifier where we have discussed all the technologies, namely RO(Reverse Osmosis), UV(Ultra Violet) and UF(Ultra Filteration) as it might help you select a water purifier according to your needs.
10 Best Water Purifier In India 2020
1) Livpure Glo 7 liters RO+UV+ Mineralizer Best Water Purifier in India
Clean water should be declared a fundamental right in our country, but until that time, bring home the new Livpure water purifier to ensure you get safe and pure water all the time. It tests the water through six-stage purification process – the principal channel expels fine and coarse particulate issue from water, the subsequent channel assimilates dangerous pesticides and scent causing natural mixes from water, the third channel keeps salts from scaling on film layers which improve the layer’s cleaning limit and build its life span, the fourth stage is the place perilous synthetic concoctions and small microorganisms are evacuated, the fifth channel purifies water with UV radiation, and the 6th channel improves the lucidity of water by expelling fine suspended debasements from it. Furthermore, this water purifier likewise upgrades the flavor of water by expelling unpredictable natural contaminations from it. What you get at long last is spotless, unscented, and better-quality drinking water.
Features Overview: Best Water Purifier under 10000
- RO + UV + Mineraliser
- Purify 12 liters water per hour
- It can purify Up to 75 liters/day
- It has 6 Stages of Purification
- 7 Litres Tank Capacity
- Works on electricity
- It produces 65% pure water from 1 Liter unfiltered water.
- 6-Stage Purification process: The livpure water purifier ensures that your family drinks and uses to cook are free from these disease-causing bacteria. This water purifier employs the 6-Stage Purification process, including RO+UV+UF purifying technology.
- Storage: It has established itself to be the best in class water storage with a capacity of 7 Liters to ensure that an ample amount of pure drinking water is always available.
- Filtration Capacity: This water purifier works faster than other purifiers to provide plenty of water, even during high consumption periods, by having the best filtration capacity of 12L per hour.
- Vast water quality limit: The vast water quality limit of this water purifier was designed s that it effectively purifies water with even a TDS level of 2000 PPM.
- UF membrane: The UF membrane eliminates bacteria, giardia, and cysts from the water to ensure that purified water stays pure.
- ABS Storage Tank: The ABS storage tank is built using the food-safe, Non-toxic engineering Grade material, and technology to keep the storage water free from any contamination.
- LED Display: Despite all cutting edge technology, this purifier uses livpure technology, which is surprisingly easy to operate and understand. It uses an FND display for user interface and LED indications such as power on/off, Purification on/off, and full tank feature.
- Taste Enhancer: Livpure doesn’t believe that pure water has to be tasteless; therefore, this Glo model comes with a taste enhancer that generates not only pure and safe water but also sweet water.
- UV Disinfection: The ultraviolet disinfection column is the second last step for further cleaning of water. In this crucial step, ultraviolet rays remove those water-borne disease-causing bacteria, bacilli, and protozoa that are not detected in the 4th step of RO filtration.
- Antiscalant Cartridge: The Antiscalant Cartridge prevents any dirt or other particles from accumulating on the surface of the membrane, enhancing the working life of the filters.
2) AO Smith Z8 Green RO+SCMT Best Water Purifier in India
AO Smith Green Series Z8 RO can be called the godfather of all the water purifiers available in the market as the features I am about to tell you will blow your mind. Let us dive into its features to understand the more about this purifier.
- 60 watts of electricity consumption
- ABS tank storage (10 Liters Capacity)
- The tendency to clean water with TDS up to 2000ppm
- 1-Year Complete Warranty( all filters and RO Membrane)
- Preserve 9000 liters of water/year.
- It can purify Up to 15 liters/hour
- Wall and Table Top Mounting
- MIN-TECH (Mineraliser Technology): In conventional water purifier RO membrane filter eliminates beneficial minerals like magnesium, copper with harmful heavy metals, which reduces the quality of the drinking water. This water purifier puts the essential minerals back to the water, enhancing its taste quality and pH levels and Overcoming such a drawback.
- ART (Advance Recovery Technology): It is one of its kind of purifier that comes with an advanced recovery technology. This technology gives 200% extra output of water as opposed to any other RO water purifiers in the market. It is also beneficial from the human point of view as you will get a chance to save water for our future generations and decrease your annual water bills by saving up to 8000 liters of water.
- 8 Stage Water purification: You won’t see 8 stage water purification most of the water purifiers available out there. The eight stages are to remove the drawbacks of the traditional water purifiers with 6 Stages. The raw water runs into 8 Stage process: Pre-filter plus Sediment filter plus Carbon block plus ART MAX (Advance Recovery Technology) plus Patented Side Stream RO Membrane plus MIN-TECH (Mineraliser Technology) plus ZX Double Protection Dual Filter(SAPC + SCMT). Water crosses over the RO Membrane without any wastage and two times Refined by SCMT.
- RO + SCMT: This is the bonus purification filter that comes only with this Water purifier. Many people complain that even after the 6 stage purification, they don’t get water free of germs. However, this SCMT (Silver Charged Membrane Technology) feature can be an additional feature to kill an internal subsequent microbial infection.
- Night Assist: Now, you don’t have to switch on the lights to find your water purifier at midnight as this water purifier comes with the naturally gleaming lights, which will help you locate your purifier even in a completely dark environment.
- Digital Display: You must know your water purifier’s current status, which you can find out with its LED stylish Display. Indications like water temperature, water in Storage tank, several purification alarms, and the on/off mode are visible on the screen itself.
- Water Heater: Now, you don’t have to spend extra money on buying an additional water heater as this water purifier comes with an additional feature of hot water at a single click of a button if you need hot water handy for making green tea, coffee, oats, cleaning dishes at the temperature between 45°C and 80°C.
- Advance Alert: Well, I can guarantee that no water purifier in this world can tell you about its body parts problems. However, this purifier will indicate if any of its filter or RO membrane needs a replacement or repair.
3) Eureka Forbes Aquasure Smart Plus RO+UV+MTDS Best Water Purifier
Eureka Forbes is a well-known brand in the water purifier segment known for its stylish and elegant looking water purifiers. The USP of eureka is their price range because they make water purifiers keeping in mind the pocket of a middle-class consumer and always provide an affordable and best in class product. They have 35 years of experience in the water purification field, and their well knows after-sales services have helped them become one of the best brands in the water purifier segment.
This cutting edge water purifier from Eureka Forbes with aqua shore shield is the combination of best in class water purification technology (RO+UV+MP+MTDS).
Feature Overview: Best Water Purifier under 10000
- Fit for cities with water deficiency
- Capacity: 6 liters tank,
- Power: 230 watts
- Multiple Sources of Water: (Tanker / Borewell / Tap)
- Installation: Free installation
- Ideal for the TDS level between 200 to 2000.
- 650 ml of water output for every 1-liter water
- It can purify Up to 20 liters/hour
- 1 Year Warranty
- 7 stage purification: Aqua shield takes pride with its 7 stage purification system, which provides 100% safe drinking water. It provides treatment to water up to TDS of 2000 PPM. With a 90% reduction in TDS, it ensures that eliminates all the harmful substances and preserves the essential minerals in the water.
- Advanced TDS regulator: It helps you adjust the TDS levels according to your taste and preference. It also helps you decide the amount of TDS you want in your water.
- Smart Cartridge Life: It will help you save some extra money on cartridge replacement. It can clean 5999 liters of hard water without any inconvenience of repair or replacement for up to 1 year.
- Smart Design and LED Indicators: The advanced technology treats water from numerous origins like borewell, valves, and fountains. Through various hues, the Brilliant LED button feature the sanitization procedure on/container full, low approaching water force/no water flexibly/blunder with the machine so you can call for after-sales assistance.
- Smart Installation: Now, you don’t have to ruin your walls with nails as this purifier can be placed anywhere you want or your kitchen countertop.
- Smart Performance During Voltage Fluctuations: You might have seen this feature with the ACs and refrigerators; however, eureka has covered your from power fluctuations so that it doesn’t damage your water purifiers.
- Energy Saving Mode: Now, you don’t have to switch off the water purifier to save electricity bills as this purifier is smart enough to switch off itself when the storage tank is full.
- Unique Membrane Protector: For the first time, Eureka Forbes has introduced the membrane protector technology that protects you and your water purifier from the harmful effect of impure water. Membrane protector protects the RO membrane from damaging effects hardening, causing salts by preventing scale buildup.
4) HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO + UV + MF Best Water Purifier in India
Hindustan Unilever has come up with world no. 1 RO innovation that will change the way you drink water forever. Its the world’s 1st RO with Copper productive technology to provide you the benefits of copper. Copper enriched water has always been an Indian tradition as my grandma used to store the water in a copper vessel for health benefits. If you are fond of fried foods, then copper enriched water will help you digest such unhealthy foods, and Ayurveda always prescribes it. Copper also boosts immunity, helps fight obesity, which is much more required in this COVID crisis.
- 7 Stage Advanced Purification with RO+UV+MF
- Capacity: 8 liters,
- Power: 60 watts
- Material tank type: Food grade engineered plastic
- Free installation
- It can be used for TDS up to 2000 ppm.
- 650 ml of water output for every 1-liter water
- Warranty: 1 year on water purifier
- Copper-infused water has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Precise Copper Dosing: Unlike the traditional way of the copper vessel, this RO does not have a copper vessel. It is developed with the technology that generates copper electrodes whenever water passes through the filter, and copper benefits are automatically added into the water.
- Copper Charge Technology: It also has an auto-cleaning mechanism that smartly senses and clean the copper electrode so that you get a fresh infusion of 99.8% pure copper every time you drink water.
- Intelligent Copper Auto-Cleaning: It gives a blinking indication when it does self-cleaning of all the body parts so that you won’t have to clean it manually.
- Dual Water Dispensing: Many people don’t like to make coffee or cereals with copper water, and some are allergic to copper water. Therefore this water purifier has a dual dispensing system for both cooper and non- copper loving people.
5) KENT New Grand RO + UV+ UF + TDS Best Water Purifier in India
Features Overview: Best Water Purifier Under 15000
- RO+UV+UF+TDS Control+ UV disinfection
- 8-Litres tank
- Power Consumption- 60W
- Tank Material: Food Grade Plastic
- Free installation
- Ideal for the TDS level between 500 to 2500.
- 650 ml of water output for every 1-liter water
- 1 Year Warranty + 3 Years No Service Charge
- It can purify Up to 20 liters/hour
KENT brands don’t need any introduction as it is a well organized and known brand with a clear structure where you can see all the filters inside the water purifier. I use KENT RO, and even I have seen Kent purifiers in many offices and shops. It is the only brand that gives a 4-year warranty on their product, which is an added advantage.
- Multi-Stage Purification: KENT Grand uses multi-stage purification technology where RO extracts dissolved impurities, microorganisms such as bacteria, microorganisms, and Dissolved salts to make water protected for consumption. UV / UF also uses rays and hollow tubes to remove any additional microbial contaminations.
- Patented Mineral RO Technology: There is no use of drinking water with a lack of minerals like magnesium and calcium; therefore, it is a critical filter where all the loss essential minerals are were lost during RO filtration are mixed back into the water before the final output.
- Certified and Awarded: It was awarded the best water purifier in India 2020 by Water Quality Association on January 31, 2018, with a certification date: September 16, 2016.
- PAN India Service Network: water purifier is a kind of kitchen appliance that needs regular maintenance, which KENT understands very well. Therefore Kent has set up a vast wired network of 1500 service centers at every corner of India to provide hassle-free after-sales service.
- High Storage Capacity: KENT Grand offers a large storing tank of 8 liters with a high processing power of 20 liter clean waters every hour continuously.
- Save Water Technology: It should be the responsibility of all the water purifier brands to make such technology minimize the wastage of water during the purification process. KENT Grand has taken that responsibility seriously with its ‘Save Water Technology’ feature, which helps in diminishing water wastage.
- Water Level Indicator: There is a transparent clean bar indicator that shows the level of water contained in the storage tank so that you can switch off the purifier when the tank is full and avoid extra electricity cost and water saving.
- Purifies Inlet Water from All Sources: KENT Grand is invented by keeping in mind the Indian water sources and their condition to clean water from any type of origin like a brackish, tap, or municipal corporation water.
6) LG Puricare WW140NP RO + Mineral Booster Best Water Purifier in India
Features overview: Best Water Purifier Under 15000
- 100 Percent RO purified water
- Capacity: 8-Litres
- Installation: Free installation
- Type: Electric with storage
- 650 ml of water output for every 1-liter water
- Warranty: 1 year on water purifier
- Power: 40 watts; 230V
- 5 Stage RO Filtration System: LG uses only 5 stage filtration as it does not include UV/UF filter as this the only water purifier in the market that provides full Purification with its RO membrane only. This reason behind RO filtration is that it doesn’t allow any uncleaned UF/UV water to mix with the water clean by the RO filter.
- Dual Protection Stainless Steel Tank: Normally, plastic tanks are not 100% authentic as they can not prevent the outgrowth of bacteria and germs. Therefore LG has made a stainless steel tank that guarantees that water lives harmlessly for drinking with dual safeguard seal.
- Stainless Certification: LG not only gives assertions about its stainless steel tank but also proves that LG’s stainless steel water storage tanks have 94.4% less E.Coli germination in 1 Day and also got certified for that on April 14, 2018, with TUV SUD as per JISZ 2801
- Mineral Booster: I feel that if an RO purifier doesn’t have a minerals booster than its a worthless spending on that water purifier as water without minerals can lead to a bad mood, lower metabolism, weight gain, toxic, weak heart, and other diseases. Therefore this mineral booster will help you get rid of all these problems.
- Digital Sterilization: It comes with an additional sterilizing kit that clear off the water route, taps, and storage container without the use of any chemical substances.
- Authorized Filter: The one specialty about LG water purifiers are its filters because they are very durable and made of reliable quality. LG is the well-known home appliance brand; therefore, you can always trust its build quality.
- Smart Display: some people like to combine style with health. If you are one among them, this water purifier is for you as this purifier has an aesthetic and sleek design with LED buttons that make it look appealing and improve the decor of your kitchen.
- Installation – Wall Mount: It has a slim trim design, which makes it fit on any corner of the kitchen without occupying too much space. It will look like a smart gadget on your wall.
- Award: It was granted as the most excellent residential water purifier by the Water Awards 2017-18. The award was granted by the water digest water grants 2017-18, which is upheld by the service of water assets government of India, focal water commission, and focal ground water board.
7) Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4WHAM01 Best Water Purifier
- Double Layered RO+UV Protection: Twofold layered RO + UV assurance to guarantee that the water you drink is wholly sheltered with no trade-offs. UV deactivates miniaturized scale creatures, such as microorganisms, growths, and infections, while RO evacuates broke up debasements, smaller scale life forms, substantial metals, and radioactive issues.
- Aqua Taste Booster (ATB): Aqua taste booster (ATB) is specially designed for those people who don’t like the taste of RO purified water. It utilizes ATB technology to maintain the original taste according to the pH level of water.
- Large Capacity 10 Inch Filter: It has the largest filter to purify extra water every hour.
- 7 Litres Large Storage Tank: water filtration Capacity of the storage tank is 7 liters for sure-fire utilization of water for your family.
- Purification-on Indicator: it is marking light to feature the cleansing procedure in the purifier so that you know the purifier is in working mode.
- UV Fail Alert: UV bomb alert gives brief cautions if there should be an occurrence of UV light disappointment.
- Child Lock Function: usually, children like to with water leading to wastage of water. Therefore this purifier comes with a locking mechanism that won’t allow kids to use water without permission.
- Copper Impregnated Activated Carbon: Copper is a combined carbon filter to evacuates smell, scent, and unpredictable natural mixes and bacterial properties.
- Tank-full Indication: it is a glowing Pointer to feature when the tank is filled, and it no longer needs electricity.
- Low-Pressure Alert: It is a Caution symbol to demonstrate low weight in the info water flexibly to the purifier.
8) Whirlpool Destroyer World 61005 6-Litre Best Water Purifier in India
The whirlpool destroyer is not just a purifier; it’s a smart purifier. With so many technologies available in the market today, whirlpool destroyer is the smartest technology for you. Let’s understand how whirlpool destroyer is smarter than the rest of the technologies. In gravity technology, the water passes through chlorine and other filters to remove microbial contamination.
Did you know it can remove microbial contamination but has limited effectiveness in removing chemical impurities?
- Deactivate Bacteria: It takes too much time for purification as the external temperature increases the water purifier’s life reduces by half. It has limited effectiveness in removing heavy metals like lead arsenic chemicals and inorganic compounds. In UV water purification technology, the impurities are exposed to ultraviolet light, which deactivates the water’s microorganisms. Still, it does not kill and obliterate the bacteria; it just deactivates them. Hence, if the UV purified water is stored, there is a possibility that the bacteria might get activated again. Also, it does not remove heavy metals particulates and endotoxins.
- Retains Essential Minerals: Whirlpools’ new technology destroys impurities present in the water to give you clean drinking water. At the same time, it also removes the essential minerals present in water, which are needed for healthy living. Thus regular consumption of RO may weaken the immune system of your body. Whirlpool water purifier is suitable for places where the TDS level in water is more than 500 ppm.
- Save Water: RO purifies the water, but a lot of water is wasted in the purification process of approximately 16,000 liters a year.
- No electricity: RO water purifier also requires electricity, which leads to the power consumption of around 60 units per year. However, this work without electricity.
Five reasons why the whirlpool destroyer is smarter than RO
- Firstly it does not remove these central minerals present in water, which are required for healthy living.
- Secondly, there is no wastage of water like RO; the destroyer typically saves around 16,000 liters of water in a year.
- Thirdly you do not need electricity to use it for clay. The filter is self-serviceable, which makes life hassle-free. It means you don’t need to call a service engineer to change the filter.
- Finally, it even works when the water pressure is low now.
- You can install it on the wall just like any other electric water purifier can store up to six liters of water.
If the TDS level of water at your home is less than 500 ppm, then the whirlpool Destroyer is the perfect choice for you. It’s revolutionary EAT technology gives you natural tasting drinking water, so stay healthy with the old new whirlpool destroyer and drink only pure water. Providing healthy drinking water is one of our key businesses’ whirlpool designed to delight.
Best Water Purifier Buyer’s Guide
Do you know about the source of our drinking water? Let me tell you that 75% of our earth’s surface is covered with the water; however, only 1% of that water is drinkable water and that potable water is stored in rivers, ponds, lakes, Glaciers, Borewell, and groundwater. So the water we drink every day comes from any one of the sources mentioned above.
We need to know about the source of drinking water that we drink every day that will help you figure out what type of water purifier you need to buy. The money you will spend on your new water purifier is not an expense; instead, it is an investment to save you from waterborne diseases. According to WHO, 90% of the deceased are penetrated from waterborne diseases. That is why I suggest you buy a water purifier according to your requirements, which will save you from polluted water and keep you healthy, always thereby reducing your medical cost.
1) TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) levels
The first and foremost criterion to select the best water purifier India is to know the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) level of water supplied to your area. The TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) Level is the unit of organic and inorganic salts present in the water. TDS is measure Unit is PPM (parts per million) or mg/liter. The more the TDS level of water, the more are the solid dissolved in it.
People usually believe that more TDS level means contaminated water and less TDS level means better water which is not valid as Dissolved solids contain harmful solids like Arsenic, lead, and chlorine. Still, it also contains beneficial minerals like Calcium, magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, and phosphorus. So less TDS level also means less beneficial minerals that say 10 % beneficial minerals are also removed with 90% impurities.
Usually, Packaged water comes with a TDS of less than the 50 PPS, which means it is pure water; however, it does not contain beneficial minerals. Packaged water is not suitable for the long term as it can lead to weak bones, fatigue, and other health diseases. On the other hand, brands like Himalayan and Evian provide packaged water with TDS of 300, which doesn’t mean the water is not good as it contains the beneficial minerals required by our body. That is why these brands are costly. All I mean to say is that never judging the water with its TDS levels rather judges it through the proportion of beneficial minerals and impurities in it.
Organic Salt typically includes Minerals like Calcium, magnesium, Sulphate, Chlorine, and many more, and it also contains harmful metals like Lead, Zinc, Arsenic, etc. So the TDS is the level of minerals found in your water.
For example, your Water TDS is 200; It means that 1 Liter of water contains 200 milligrams of dissolved salts.
2) Types of Water Purifiers in India
a) UF Water Purifiers ( Non-electric)
UF (Ultra Filtration) water Purifiers contain an Ulta filter chamber contains a large number of hollow white fibers that are made of Polymers.
These hollow fibers are semipermeable membrane that has a pore size of 0.001 Microns. The fibers let water pass through it; however, it prevents impurities like Silt, Toxins, bacteria, and other harmful viruses to pass through it.
The UF water purifiers also contain Active Carbon filters highly porous and have a high absorption capacity. The active carbon can quickly absorb impurities like chlorine, and it also removes odor from the water. The Ultra Filtration water purifiers are very low cost as they don’t require electricity, and it works on gravity, which is why there are also called gravity-based water purifiers. The UF water purifiers are suitable for the people whose water TDS levels are 200 and below.
The Advantages of UF (Ultra Filtration) Water Purifiers
- They are inexpensive as it comes in the range of Rs. 1500 to Rs. 4000.
- It has storage tank capacity fo 7 Liters to 20 Liters.
- It operates on a low running cost of 10-20 paisa per liter.
- There are easy to install, and it can also be shifted easily without any hassle.
- If you live in an area where electricity cutoff is a frequent issue, then it is ideal for you as it doesn’t require electricity.
The Disadvantage of UF (Ultra Filtration) Water Purifiers
- Its Hollow white fibers can not stop 100% bacteria from passing through it; therefore, it can not provide 100% clean water.
- It cannot extract dissolved solids from water; consequently, it can not turn hard water into soft.
- The UV membrane pores are bigger than the RO water purifier membrane.
- You have to manually pour the water into the tank as it is a non-electric appliance so that it won’t take water automatically.
- The filtration process of this water purifier is prolonged as it can only filter 12 to 18 liters of water per hour.
There are 3 -4 techniques used in the electric water purifiers, and two methods, namely RO(Reverse Osmosis) and UV(Ultra Violet) are used either separately or in a combination of RO+UV and RO+UF+UV.
b) UV Water Purifiers
In UV purifiers, Ultra Violet Filters are installed. The ultraviolet cartridge contains the 11 Watt tube in the middle section, which emits the ultraviolet rays with less wavelength than visible light. It can also damage our eyes. These ultraviolet rays activate when the water is transmitted through the ultraviolet filters. These invisible rays eliminate all the bacteria, pathogens, and other harmful viruses that try to pass through the screen along with water. The Ultraviolet rays have the capacity the damage the DNA of the bacteria and to eliminate its reproductive capacity.
The UV filtration is the last stage in the RO systems, so it eliminates only those bacteria and germs which could not be removed by the RO and UF filters. The UV water purifier is suitable for the water, which has the TDS levels of 200-500. UV lamps throw UVC rays of 254 nm.
The Advantages of UV (Ultra Violet) Water Purifiers
- It can kill all types of germs and bacteria as it is the last stage of filtration in RO systems.
- It does not waste any water as the same quantity of water comes out, which you pour in.
- It doesn’t change the taste of the water as no chemicals are used to invent the UV systems.
- It does not change the water PH levels as it does not eliminate any salt from the water, so it doesn’t make the water acidic.
The Disadvantages of UV (Ultra Violet) Water Purifiers
- The major drawback of the UV system is that it does not remove heavy metals like Lead, Arsenic, etc.
- It doesn’t make the hard water soft as it doesn’t remove heavy metals.
c) RO (Reverse Osmosis) Water Purifier
Almost every one of us might have heard about the RO purification systems, as these are the most commonly used water purifiers in 2020. The RO systems were made to eliminate the drawbacks of UV and UF systems.
RO water Purifiers also contain the membrane, just like UF water purifiers. However, it has a reverse osmosis membrane, which passes the water with high pressure and has pores smaller than the UF filters of 0.0001 Microns. The benefits of small pores are that it eliminates all the heavy metals and salts from the water.
Advantages of RO (Reverse Osmosis) Water Purifiers
- It is useful to the water which has a TDS level of up to 2000.
- It eliminates all the heavy metals and salts which cannot be removed by the UV and UF water purifier systems.
- You don’t have to manually pour the water into the storage tank as it works with the help of electricity.
- It makes the hard water soft as it removes hard metals.
Disadvantages of RO (Reverse Osmosis) Water Purifiers
- It wastes 65 to 75% of water during the cleaning process, which is not suitable for future generations. So if you put in 4 liters of water, you will only get 1 liter of clean water.
- It also eliminates crucial minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc from the water during the water filtration process from reverse Osmosis technology. Therefore it is not suitable for our health and can cause problems like less immunity, grey hair, and other health diseases.
- It will require more electricity as it sucks the water with force resulting in increased electricity cost. It also has a high maintenance cost as it has a complicated technology and parts installed in it.
- It doesn’t guarantee 100% germs elimination; therefore, many companies provide water purifiers of UV+RO and UV+UF+RO system.
3) TDS Controller– Best Water Purifier in India
With modern technology, many companies offer RO purification systems with TDS controllers called TDS adjuster, a taste enhancer, Manual TDS by different brands. You can control the TDS output of water manually through your water purifier.
Now let us understand how a TDS controller works? So when the water enters the purifier, it goes through various filters like a pre-sediment filter, carbon block filter and many more and finally when it reaches the RO filter, the water gets diverted into different streams with the help of TDS controller where one stream goes into the RO filter and other go through the UF/UV filter. The final output you will get is the combination of both RO filter water and another filter.
Let us say your water TDS level is 500, and you have diverted 80% of the water through the RO filter, and the rest 20% is passed through the other filter. Now, the RO filter will reduce the TDS level up to 90%, and TDS of 80 % water will be 50 approximately and rest 20% of the water will have the same TDS level of 100. So the final output TDS of the water you will get will be approx 150.
If you had passed the complete 100% water through the RO system, the TDS level would be around 70, which is less than 150 TDS. You can also increase the TDS level by adjusting the water ratio with the TDS controller’s help. For example, you can pass 70% water through RO filter and rest through the other filter to enhance the TDS levels.
Now, if you have understood the working of the TDS controller, let’s talk about the suitability of the TDS Controller and who should buy a TDS controller if you live in a highly polluted city like Delhi, Kanpur, Agra, Pali, Ratlam, etc. or where there are heavy industries are located that throw out the chemical waste through water or smoke. Such cities have a high chance of heavy metals and pollutants in water.
So if you live in such cities and your water TDS level is 300 or more, than you don’t need a TDS controlled Water purifier. If you live in a clean city and your water TDS level is 400-500, you don’t require a RO water purifier. However, if water taste in your area is slightly bitter, you can buy a RO water purifier and adjust your TDS level between 200-300.
4) How a Water Purifier Works?
Now I will discuss the components process flow diagram, electrical circuit, general electrical problems, and maintenance tips for your UF/UV purifiers. Let me remind you that UF stands for Ultrafiltration, and UV stands for Ultraviolet Radiation ranging from 190 nanometers to 400-nanometer wavelength in this case.
First, let me come to the parts of a standard UF/UV purifier where we can separate parts into two groups. One group is related to the filtration, and the other is related to the operation.
Filteration process: filtration process of UF/UV purifier includes components, namely inline sediment filter (5 microns), inline activated carbon block filter, UF Membrane Cartridge, and UV Disinfection Cartridge.
Electrical Operation: The components, namely Adapter, Float switch, Solenoid Valve Ultraviolet Lamp, and Storage Tanks, are involved in the electrical operation and storage.
4.1) Components of Water Purifiers
a) Solenoid Valve
Let me discuss the design and operation of the solenoid wall in a purifier. The Solenoid Valve is an electromechanical device that consists of extended spring magnetic core, solenoid rubber valve, and a chamber. In a water purifier, usually closed two-way 24 volts DC operated solenoid valve is used to prevent the tank overflow due to the inlet water pressure normally closed solenoid wall remains closed till it gets power and water cannot flow but once it gets power water flows in the purifier. Generally, solenoid Valve is provided after the inline sediment filter the role of Paulino at Valve in any electrically operated water filter is to stop the flow of water as soon as that storage tank reaches to its highest level or it gets filled floats which cut or stop the 230 volt AC mains supply of the whole purifier as soon as the storage tank filled. Still, it does not stop the physical flow of water due to the inlet pressure; the solenoid valve prevents the physical flow of water.
b) Fluid Switch
Fluid switch is an electromechanical device consisting of a spring and airbag and a switch. When the storage tank fills the airbag of the device, it exerts pressure against the spring of switch and cuts the main supply. As soon as the main cut solenoid was closed, the water flow and ultraviolet lamps turned off no power consumed by the purifier once the tank was filled, which is an ideal situation.
c) Reverse Osmosis mechanism
Typically, a water recycling plant uses reverse osmosis to treat wastewater after the ultrafiltration process further. Reverse Osmosis membranes are constructed from a membrane flat sheet. It comprises three layers a PolyesterFabric Support Base, a Microporous
Poly Cell Phone Layer, and a 0.2-micron Thick Polyamide Barrier Layer. The poly cellphone layer strengthens the very thin barrier layer. It is the barrier layer that removes nutrients, chemicals, bacteria, and viruses from the water. The flat membrane sheet is combined with a sheet of feed channel spacer, which provides turbulence and creates space between the membrane sheets for the feed water. A sheet of permeate spacer is added to the membrane sheets and feed channel spacer, which enables the final recycled water product or permeates to flow evenly across the entire membrane surface even under high pressure.
The back of the membrane is completely sealed to the edges of the permeate spacer the membrane sheets are glued along each of the three exposed sides and rolled around the core tube. Feedwater is forced through the feed channel spacer and into the barrier layer of the membrane water passes through the membrane surface into the permeate channel.
It flows in a spiral direction and collects in the core tube, and this water is the final recycled water product or permeate. There are seven spiral wound elements loaded in one pressure vessel once the end adapter is connected to the last element, and the pressure vessel is sealed feed water can be introduced. Feedwater is pumped at high pressure into the vessel as it travels small molecules like water pass through the membrane while larger particles such as salt bacteria and viruses do not. The final recycled water product is collected from the end of the elements, and the concentrate or reject from that vessel flows to another stage producing more recycled water.
4.2) Work Flow of Water Purifier
In this animation process flow of a typical UF/UV purifier is explained.
- It is starting from the ball valve where the tap water flows in a sediment filter that typically removes five-micron size suspended impurities. After that, the outlet of the Pre sediment filter then fed to the primary UF/UV purifier.
- In this UF/UV purifier, it goes to the inlet of the inline sediment filter. This filter further removes the suspended impurities, then the outlet of the sediment filter goes to the inline activated carbon block filter through a solenoid valve.
- The activated carbon filter removes the dissolved chlorine. Then, the carbon filter outlet goes to the inlet of the UF cartridge, where UF removes the suspended impurities up to 0.05-micron size. The outlet of the Ultra Filtration then flows water back to the channel of the Ultraviolet cartridge.
- The ultraviolet radiation 190 nanometer to the 400 nanometers in wavelengths kills the germs and bacteria present in the water. The outlet of the ultraviolet then goes to a mechanical process flow controller.
- The low flow rate of the process is essential for the disinfection during the UV treatment as soon as the storage gets over or the tank gets filled the fluid cut the mains supply and solenoid wall stops the flow of water and ultraviolet light also turns off, so there is no power taken by the purifier as the storage tank get filled.
5) EAT (Electro Absorption Technology)
Water, the most flawless everything being equal and unadulterated drinking water, ought to be liberated from physical-synthetic and natural tainting. It ought not to have a terrible taste or awful smell; not simply this, it ought to have basic minerals that are required for sound living. As per the WHO, the TDS level in drinking water ought to be under 500 ppm. Whirlpool comprehends this better than any other person; thusly, they have introduced the all-new Whirlpool destroyer that ensures clean drinking water with its progressive EAT (Electro Adsorption Technology) that accompanies a propelled 5 phase refinement.
let’s understand how the 5 stage filtration works
- First Stage: In the First Stage, the outer pre-channel expels Sam silica sediment earth and residue present in water and improves the water channel’s life.
- Second Stage: the subsequent Stage is mechanical filtration the EAT channel evacuates the soil and other suspended solids present in the water through the residue work.
- Third Stage: the third Stage is the electro bond in this Stage. The polluting influences which convey negative charge are sheets to the EAT channel, which conveys electro positive charge. This Stage evacuates ailment causing germs like growths microorganisms and infections.
- Fourth Stage: The fourth Stage is the ION trade in which extraordinarily enacted carbon granules expel like lead and arsenic.
- Fifth Stage: the fifth Stage is electro adsorption, which expels risky synthetic compounds like chlorine pesticides and endotoxins to bring back life to water.
6) Water Purification Process
Earth is a watery planet, yet water is a precious commodity. Can you guess why? It is because just 3% of all the water available on earth is freshwater. The rest 97% is saline water of the oceans. Out of this 3%, the surface water of rivers leaks or Springs forms an even smaller percentage of freshwater from various sources. It may contain disease-causing germs and impurities. Large-scale water purification is done before it reaches our homes. So let’s see the journey of water before it gets our home. At the end of this module, you will be able to define and describe sedimentation filtration and aeration describe the process of chlorination and adding disinfectants describes the journey of water from the sources to our homes. A simplified diagram of a water treatment plant freshwater from the rivers and lakes is taken through pipes to large water treatment plants for purification.
In the first stage of purification, water is pumped and stored in large sedimentation tanks. Alum is commonly used as a coagulant that forces tiny particles of dirt to stick together and settle down. In the second stage, water is carried from sedimentation tanks to the filtration tanks where water is passed through charcoal sand and gravel beds. This process removes the remaining suspended impurities.
The third stage of the purification process is that aeration air is passed through the filtered water in the reservoir by a pump with air diffusers. The circulation of air reduces the concentration of taste and odor-causing substances. This process is known as aeration disinfecting is the first stage of the purification process. In this stage, water is carried from the aeration tank to the disinfectant tank adding disinfectants such as chlorine destroys disease-causing organisms in water ultraviolet radiation and oxidative chemicals such as potassium permanganate and ozone are also used for disinfecting water.
Next, the water is purified and ready to drink this water is stored in the storage tanks and supplied in towns through underground pipes. Thus, water undergoes several processes before reaching our tabs as potable water to make our tap water extra safe for drinking.
We can follow some straightforward methods in our kitchen. A simple filter directly fitted to the kitchen tap boiling the process of killing harmful germs by boiling is called sterilization of water. Boiling the water for one more minute after it reaches a rolling boil makes it safe for drinking. Remember if you need to use bottled water to check for these Bureau of Indian Standards BIS mark. The seal is intact, and there is no leakage from the bottle the manufacturing date and best-before date crush or puncture the bottle after every use to ensure that the same bottle is not used to refill water again.
7) Reverse Osmosis vs Ultrafiltration
Today we’re going to contrast Reverse Osmosis with ultrafiltration. We’re going to discuss how they determine and have preferences more than each other and where they have disservices. Reverse Osmosis and ultrafiltration generally alluded to as RO and UF, is film innovation. The reverse osmosis framework utilizes a semipermeable film, and it’s isolating inorganic broken up inorganics from the water particle. The UF framework uses an empty fiber film, and it is essentially a mechanical channel, and it’s halting massive trash or particulate, yet down at a microscopic level. It’s beautiful at .025 micron. That is the reason it’s called ultrafiltration. Yet, it is only a channel. It is anything but a reverse osmosis measure where we’re isolating atoms. Reverse Osmosis kills most of the disintegrated minerals. Many individuals like that since they need their drinking water as unadulterated and free as conceivable from mineral, synthetic compounds, or what they have. So the RO framework has the bit of leeway on that. Ultrafiltration won’t dispense with broken down solids. It’s just going to manage solids. Presently for people that like mineral left in the water, the advantage is ultrafiltration. Reverse Osmosis is a cross-stream filtration. We make two ways, or two water streams, through the layer.
One way winds up in our capacity tank. A capacity tank could be an inconvenience. Since it makes water so gradually, we need to store it to make it accessible. That occupies space under the counter. It likewise needs to attach to the channel, because the water conveying those broke down inorganics away is setting off to the track. That could be a weakness from a water preservation stance. Ultrafiltration additionally doesn’t need a capacity tank. It truly connects straightforwardly to the extraordinary spigot.
Furthermore, coincidentally, both of these frameworks do require a committed spout. It won’t go through your standard installation on your sink. Yet, the ultrafiltration framework it runs straight through to the fixture. No requirement for a capacity tank. It gets through the channel at a gallon for every moment. Favorable position ultrafiltration. A reverse osmosis framework will be somewhat more intricate to introduce. You have a couple of more associations with make. Water experiences an air hole fixture for reverse avoidance. It attaches to the channel line.
It connects to the capacity tank, so there’s greater unpredictability to introduce a reverse osmosis framework. An ultrafiltration unit is fundamental. You associate this feed flexibly, and the opposite finish of the channel you interface legitimately to the devoted spigot. Exceptionally simple to introduce. Reverse Osmosis, the underlying expense will be somewhat higher than the ultrafiltration framework. You have more parts. It’s merely going to work out to be slightly more cash. The ultrafiltration framework is slightly less.
What’s more, we’re going to discuss ongoing cost, the substitution of channels and layers; the ultrafiltration framework will be somewhat more when you average out the expense of supplanting the channels and the empty fiber film, which you will substitute slightly more as often as possible than the reverse osmosis layer. It will adjust to being somewhat more than the channel cost on keeping up the reverse osmosis framework. That summarizes the examination among RO and UF.
In this age and era where water-borne diseases are increasing to the consumption of contaminated water, it has become imperative that we protect our families by ensuring that pure drinking water is available. It is not enough that just water looks clean. It has to be free of disease-causing bacteria and pollutants and all traces of heavy metal as indicates the novel water rampantly being used to bridge the dismal gap between the small availability of sweet water and ever-increasing demands. Every year India alone accounts for over 36.6 million water-borne disease cases, but now we can take affirmative steps to protect our family.
It is our duty to understand the environment around us and find the Best Water Purifier in India 2020. I hope you liked this post please give your opinion in comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the 8 tested purified which are the best selling in the market. Select one of them according to your range and requirement. The definition of the best water purifier in India is the mixture of mineral booster + TDS controlled (To provide the essence of both natural and purifier water) + Copper (For health benefits) + water heater.
10 Best Water Purifier In India 2020
1) Livpure Glo 7 liters RO+UV+ Mineralizer Water Purifier
2) AO Smith Z8 Green RO+SCMT Water Purifier
3) Eureka Forbes Aquasure Smart Plus RO+UV+MTDS Water Purifier
4) HUL Pureit Copper+ Mineral RO + UV + MF Water Purifier
5) KENT New Grand RO + UV+ UF + TDS Water Purifier
6) LG Puricare WW140NP RO + Mineral Booster Water Purifier
7) Blue Star Aristo RO+UV AR4WHAM01 Water Purifier
8) Whirlpool Destroyer World 61005 6-Litre Water Purifier
The ideal pH level for drinking water is 7. The water purifier that can give you pure drinking water without eliminating the essential TDS levels and healthy minerals is AO smith green series.
The significant drawback of RO water is that it also clears out healthy minerals and harmful hard metals during the purification, which in turn reduces the nutritional value of drinking water, which is not suitable for health in long terms. Therefore always opt for a purifier with RO+Mineralizer+TDS controller.
It depends on the TDS levels of water in your area. If your TDS level is between 200 and 500, then UV is suitable for you because the UV purifier can quickly remove impurities in water under 500 TDS. If your water TDS level is between 500 – 2000, then you will need a RO water purifier because only RO purification can remove stubborn and harmful impurities on such level. However, RO purifiers have a tendency to remove healthy minerals like magnesium and copper, which is not suitable for long period consumption.
Both RO water and boiled water have disadvantages as if you live in an industrial area or the area where water is contaminated with chemicals, waste, metals, and radioactive waste, then the RO water purifier is mandatory because it is designed to eliminated such harmful chemicals and hard metals. On the other hand, if you live in a clean area, you can drink boiled water as it can remove the bacteria while containing the essential minerals, unlike RO water.
There is no such level of ideal TDS because less TDS level of 150 can have more hard metals like arsenic, cadmium, chromium, copper, nickel, lead, and mercury, and water with a high TDS level of 1000 can have more healthy minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, bicarbonate, iron, zinc. The right way to check the ideal drinking water is through a formula. The unit of measure of TDS is PPM (parts per million) or mg/liter. You should check the Minerals’ ratio to hard metals in the water to check the ideal drinking water level.
Step 1: Check the TDS level of water in areas you live in.
Step 2: Choose the type of water purifier with features according to your TDS levels.
Step 3: select some water purifiers within your Budget
Step4: compare their features, brand value, build quality, after-sales service, maintenance cost, and choose the best water purifier in India.
Any water pH level below 6.5 means that water is acidic in nature. It is also called acidic water. Any water pH level above 8.5 means hard water filled with Bactria, which is also not drinkable water. It is also called Alkaline water. That means any pH level between 6.5 to 8.5 in your area indicates pure water. Check Best water purifier in India.