Microwaves have been one of the greatest innovations of our time, which have revolutionized cooking or wavy cooking. We have substantially moved past traditional LPG and have adopted other modes. Microwaves are one of the safest and cost-efficient modes of cooking. With simple features and a user-friendly interface, they have made cooking super quick and enjoyable so that you don’t have to wait for hot and delicious meals. However, it is challenging to find the best microwave ovens in India in 2020.
There are mainly three types of Microwave ovens in the market, namely, Solo microwave ovens, Oven-Toaster-Grill (OTG) Microwave ovens, and convection microwave ovens. However, you must understand which kind of microwave fits your requirements. Therefore, we have made a comprehensive microwave oven Buyer’s guide that will help you understand many things like power consumption, capacity, and features. You can ultimately choose your best microwave ovens in India.
See Also : Best Refrigerator in india
Best Convection Microwave oven in India 2020
1) LG 32 L Best Convection Microwave Oven (MC3286BRUM)
If you have a large family who likes to throw parties and eat restaurant food more often and you also don’t have any budget issues, this microwave cum chef is ideal for you. This microwave oven is the powerhouse of advanced features and India’s best microwave ovens.
- 32L Capacity: Ideal for big houses
- Convection: grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- 1 year on product and 1+ 4 years on Magnetron. (From the date of Purchase)
- Diet Fry technology: Is it possible to stop weight gain even after eating samosa and other fried foods? Yes, it is, with its diet fry technology, you can make your favorite crispy delights with minimum to no oil usage. Now you can protect your health and eat your favorite food at the same time.
- Indian Roti Basket: Well, it often happens when each family member asks you to bring different kinds of chapati from the restaurant, which is not easy to remember. With this microwave, you can make butter naan, garlic naan, lachcha paratha, tandoori rotis, and various types of chapatis with a single click of a button, and you also don’t have to learn any recipe.
- Auto cook menu: Now, you cook a universe of colorful dishes to your friends and family with the progressive auto cook menu, which accompanies preset cooking time and temperature. You should simply pick the recipe and choose the option from the menu.
- Pasteurized Milk: Boiling milk on the gas stove is such a frustrating task because you have to keep looking at the milk until it gets wholly boiled to avoid spillage. With this microwave, you can boil your milk with time without any supervision, convenient and time-saving. It also preserves the natural nutrients of milk and prevents contamination.
- Make Delicious Paneer and Curd at Home: Now, you don’t have to rely on the paneer and curd bought from the market as you can choose the fat amount in your curd’s paneer and thickness of your curd with this microwave Paner and Curd feature.
- Motorized rotisserie: Now, you don’t have to sit with barbeque sticks in your hands to grill tandoori paneer from evenly cooking. This microwave can turn itself into a tandoori grill with its 360 Motorised rotisserie feature without any hand-operated interference.
- Multi-cook Tawa: It has a nonsticky Tawa, specially made for dishes that require extra browning and bottom heating to avoid sticking of food on Tawa.
2) LG 28 L Best Convection Microwave Oven in India (MC2846BG)
LG 28 L MC2846BG Microwave oven is loaded with a 28 liters capacity and therefore are two other capacity variants, namely 21 Liters and 20 liters. It is Convection type oven with plenty of advanced features which let you cook with the utmost ease. Moreover, This LG microwave is entirely manufactured in India and specially designed to fulfill Indian household requirements.
Smart Features: Best Microwave Oven Under 15000
- 251 Auto Cook Menu: It comes with 251 preloaded recipes where you have to gather the ingredients and press a button to prepare complicated delicacies. Now you don’t have to be a cook to make amazing dishes as this microwave oven can alone provide you with different variety of dishes every day.
- Ghee: Do you crave for homemade ghee? Well, not anymore because this Microwave oven can prepare fresh and Desi ghee in 12 ticks without leaving any odor. With no turning and burning, this is the easiest way to enjoy the healthy and homemade ghee without wastage of any time, effort, and resources.
- Quartz Heater: This microwave oven also has a user-friendly quartz heater. Compared to conventional grill heater, the quartz heater takes less preheating time, thus expediting the oven heating mechanism by 75%, and your food turns out crisper from the outside and juicy from inside. The Quartz heater also takes less space making more room for cooking. The sheet heater suspends the cavity’s out because of its size and forms, whereas the quartz heater perfectly sits into the cavity, preventing your hands from any accidental burn. This practical and powerful innovation lets you enjoy indo-grilling with the utmost ease.
- Diet fry technology: This microwave also comes with a Diet fry technology, which helps you get rid of 88% oil usage, which saves you money on buying oil and health cost. It is the most beautiful feature for the gym-goers as they hate oil in their meals. It lets your crispy, chops, cutlets, samosas, french fries, and more without having the regret of traditional deep-frying danger.
- Stainless Steel Cavity: The stainless steel enables a better reflection of the heating waves for uniform cooking. Also, it saves up to 21% of electricity, 16% time, and total rust proof. The wear and tear of this oven don’t peel off the cavity, unlike the other coated cavities, which usually tend to come off with time because of the continuous movement of turntable.
- Paneer and Curd: Many of us always find the paneer as per our preference as some people like low fat and some like high fat, and some don’t like paneer bought from the market. Now you can easily make curd and paneer in this microwave oven as per your preference.
- Keep Warm: Sometimes we microwave our food and then forget to take that out, leading to cold food. However, this microwave oven can preserve the hotness of your meals up to 90 minutes.
- Microwave Oven Recipe Book: Well, LG is giving you a great chance to become a chef by providing its Recipe book to utilize your microwave oven fully.
3) Samsung 28 L Best Convection Microwave Oven (CE1041DSB2/TL)
Now I’m going to introduce you to Samsung’s revolutionary Samsung CE1041DSB2 – 28 liter Smart Oven. Samsung’s range of smart ovens comes with breakthrough features like slim fry, and ceramic enamel cavity with these novel features you can create finger-licking dishes. Make intriguing dishes with the Samsung convection microwave. On the off chance that you need some hot wedges on a Friday night or some baked Chapatis on a Saturday night, put it all on the line. You can eat your most-loved munchies and snacks without profound broiling them, on account of the Slim Fry includes in this stove. The Tandoor innovation in this Samsung broiler reproduces oven-like conditions to assist you with making bona fide food at home.
Features overview: Best Microwave Oven Under 15000
- 28L: Suitable for four people
- Convection: grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- 1-year Warranty on oven & 5 years on Magnetron & 10 years on Ceramic Cavity
- Touch Key Pad (Membrane)
- Child Lock
- Slim Fry Feature: Now Indian fried snacks like samosas, cutlets, bread pakoras are almost everyone’s favorite with the slim fry feature of this oven you can healthily enjoy your favorite fried snacks. The slim fry technology uses rapid hot air to air fry your snacks with this technology; you can cook fried food with up to 80% less fat. This feature in the Samsung oven doubles up as your frying kitchen appliance and so you don’t need to buy a separate air fryer, thereby saving you both money and space.
- Auto Cook Menu: the auto cook menu includes 10 Indian and 12 international a total of 22 slim fry recipes for you to try. You can also add your slim fry recipes through the manual option.
- Superior Ceramic Interior: now friends did you know ceramic is one of the most robust materials on earth, and it’s highly scratch resistant as well unlike stainless steel cavity found in other microwave ovens with scratch quickly even in normal usage the scratch-resistant ceramic cavity here ensures that it looks like new even after years of usage. If smooth texture makes it very easy to clean, thereby saving you time and effort after every meal. Moreover, the cavity is super hygienic as it’s 99.9% bacteria-free.
- Warranty: Samsung’s promise of the durability of the ceramic enamel cavity is backed by a 10-year warranty giving you complete peace of mind.
- Tandoor Technology: now Indians love tandoori chapati, and the Samsung Smart Oven is specially designed for Indian tastebuds. Tandoor Technology creates a temperature of up to 200 degrees Celsius that is perfect for making excellent Tandoori chapati and Nans. So no more ordering for Tandoori chapati and Nans when you can make it all by yourself in your Samsung Smart Oven at the touch of a button.
- Fermentation Technology: Making dough in your kitchen can be a time-consuming process and curd made manually at home overnight never entirely turns out the way you want it. The Samsung Smart Oven makes life easy for you with its fermentation technology. This unique technology sets the right temperature for you to get your curd and dough ready for your home any time of the day, no matter the season.
- Pre-programmed Feature: The pre-programmed Feature allows you to choose from a wide variety of Indian recipes on the Samsung Smart Oven. You can now enjoy familiar flavors with the simple touch of a button your Samsung Smart Oven enables up to a hundred pre-programmed or to cook Indian recipes.
- Unique Turntable Feature: Did you know that this model contains a unique turntable On/Off Feature? For the times when you’re having a large party and are cooking in a large container, this feature allows you to stop the turntable from rotating. The feature helps you cook a large quantity of food with absolute ease.
- Ice Blue LED and Touch Button: It comes with a digital LED display to show various options and touchpad for various menus and settings.
- Banish Food Odors: Now, you don’t have to suffer from awful smell of chicken or fish as it has a deodorizer to eliminate any odor.
- Utilize Every Inch: The surface area is big enough to keep large utensils as Samsung has given a full area for utensils.
The Samsung Smart Oven comes with accessories that help you make the most of your culinary skills. Friends here we go is my final word with the Samsung Smart Oven, you for sure going to have memorable times with your family and friends what means being cooked using breakthrough features like slim fry technology, ceramic enamel cavity, and Tandoor technology.
4) IFB 20 L Best Convection Microwave Oven (20SC2)
We’re going to explore the IFB microwave; this is a perfect machine for a food-loving home.
Features Overview: Best Microwave Oven Under 10000
- 20L Capacity: Suitable for misogamists & small families.
- Convection: grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- Warranty: 1 Year on Product & 3 Years on Magnetron & Cavity
- Touch Key Pad (Membrane)
- 24 auto cook menu options
- Auto Cook Settings: The auto cook settings have a 101 standard auto cooked menus, so from pizzas to popcorn, you can choose just about anything you wish to cook. You can easily switch between the cook options without having to cancel them.
- Multistage Cooking Feature: the IFB microwave almost doubles up to be a cook assist as the multistage cooking feature can be auto-set to cook in varied styles. The microwave’s memory can store up to three styles of cooking cycles. Based on the cues in your cooking, you can choose from Grill micro and convection all in the same cycle.
- Combination Cooking Power Grill and Combi Tech: That’s not all to top up the taste quotient for your meal. This microwave allows you to combine two cooking methods with the combination cooking par grill and combi tech you can blend the magic of microwave and different grill modes or use a microwave with convection cooking.
- Speed Defrost Feature: now, the time-consuming task is defrosting your refrigerator food. The IFB microwave takes care of this in a hassle-free manner with the weight and speed defrost Feature all you have to do is enter the weight of the food item you wish to defrost, and you are done in a matter of quick minutes.
- Auto Reheat Feature: your cooked food can be reheated with the auto reheat feature; this reheats food at auto programmed time and power levels.
- Express Cooking Feature: the IFB microwave has a magic wand of swords as with its express cooking feature, your cooking can be fast-forwarded to set the weight of the food item and press the button.
- Delay Start Feature: this microwave also satisfy your hunger pangs in time every time with the delay start feature, you can beat the clock and ensure your meal is ready at the right time.
- Digital Time Display: The digital time display in the IFB microwave is easy to read and helps you keep track of your cooking time and power level.
- Steam Clean Feature: now it goes without saying we relish spiced dense, greasy food, but getting this grease off our cooking appliances is a cumbersome exercise. With the clean steam feature in this IFB microwave, you can get rid of this grease in minutes with ease.
- Child Lock Feature: In addition to all of these friendly features, this microwave has to offer the child lock feature is the cherry on the cake. Suppose you have children at home, this safety lock and avoid its accidents.
- Warranty: To top it all, this machine comes with a three-year warranty on cavity and Magnetron assuring long-term hassle-free operation for a pleasant cooking experience. So getting this microwave at home would mean getting a lot of ease in the kitchen.
5) Godrej 20 L Best Convection Microwave Oven (GMX 20 CA5 MLZ)
Features Overview: Best Microwave Oven Under 10000
- 20L Capacity: Suitable for misogynists or little houses
- Convection: grilling, warming, defrosting and cooking
- 1-year Warranty on microwave and 1+4 years on Magnetron
- Child Lock
- Special Features: 125 insta-cook menu
- Multi Distribution System: This Feature overcomes the drawback of uneven distribution of heat on food. Sometimes we face uneven heating in the middle part of the dish, which is correct by this multi-distribution feature.
- Stainless steel cavity: This microwave is made up of rust-free material that maintains its new look and makes it more durable.
- Healthy Indian Tadka: Tadka in any dish is Indian specialty, which is well understood by Godrej. Therefore you can make any dish in it with the flavor of Indian tadka to make it complete Indian dish.
- Child lock: Children always want to inspect any new appliance you bought into a home; however, you can stop them by putting a child lock to keep them away from danger.
- Healthy Meal: It has a unique feature for those people who are health-conscious and like to eat light food like poha and idli to maintain a nutritious diet.
- Indian menu: if you want to cook dishes that are usually found in the restaurant menu, they can be easily prepared in this microwave with the single click of a button.
- Oil-Free feature: eating a samosa without the element of unhealthy oil seems like an impossible task. However, this feature lets you appreciate tasty dishes like Chicken Tandoori, Corn Kebabs, or French fries while consuming less oil.
- Design: It comes with a floral design on the microwave’s front door to improve the decor of the kitchen. The digital LED display let you understand all the menus easily.
Best Grill Microwave Ovens (OTG) in India 2020
1) Bajaj 2200 TMSS 22-Litre Best OTG Oven
Get yourself ready to make some delicious and appetizing meals daily by investing the Bajaj Majesty Oven Toaster Grill (OTG). This 10 L OTG allows you to heat, flame broil, toast, or profound cook food things to make your family happy with exquisite refreshments. The treated steel body and cavity offer opposition from oxidation and improve its life expectancy. Because of this present OTG’s fireless cooking abilities, this apparatus helps guard you and your kitchen against conceivable fire perils.
- Capacity: 22, Fit for 4-5 bodies
- Making skill: Baking, Grilling, toasting
- One year Warranty on Microwave oven
- Wattage: 1200W
Smart Features: Best Microwave Oven Under 5000
- 22 Liters Capacity: It has a tremendous capacity of 22 liters where you can also store a large number of patties if you are a baker.
- Stainless Steel Body: The tempered steel body and depression material give this machine enduring edge and corrosion-free life.
- Motorized Rotisserie: This creates a Desi tandoor like atmosphere to provide you crispy and juicy tandoori paneer, tandoori chicken, and more.
- Function Selection Switch: Cook assortment of meals with various degrees of warming with the capacity determination switch.
- 7 Accessories Included: This OTG is loaded with seven items: Grill Tray for barbecuing chicken and fish, Baking Tray for making cakes, Crumb Tray, 4 Skewer rods for seeking kabab, Tongs for baking/ barbecue tray and rotisserie attachment for tandoori paneer and its addition.
- 60 Minutes Timer: It has a maximum timer of 60 minutes cooking to send you alert for removing dishes.
2) Philips HD6975/00 25-Litre Digital Oven Toaster Grill Best OTG Oven
Features Overview: Best Microwave Oven Under 5000
- Limit: 25 liters, ideal for 4-5 individuals
- Cooking capacity: heating, flame broiling, toasting
- Incredible 1500W, Ready sign
- One-touch 10 preset menu
- One-contact Preheat usefulness
- Opti-temp Technology: Baking a cake is an art that needs proper attention at every corner of perfect browning. This technology helps in homogeneous dispersion of warmth, ending in consistent browning of cakes & pieces of bread.
- Toast Perfection: Now, you can enjoy your toast with outer crunchiness and inner juiciness.
- Oil-free Grill: Now eat your favorite fried food without using unhealthy oil and keep you fit all the time without dieting.
- One-touch 10 preset menu: Like a menu in the restaurant, it has a menu where you just have to ut the ingredients and press the dish button you want to make.
- Digital display panel: Simple and sober knob-based buttons with an LED light display to see all the functionalities.
- Accessories for multi cooking: You get a set of accessories like heating and dribble plate, utensils, rotisserie, barbecuing rack. All embellishments are food evaluated and corrosion-free for simple upkeep and purification.
- Chamber light: It has bright inner cavity areas light where you will be able to see clear progress of your meals being cooked.
3) Morphy Richards 18 RSS 18-Litre Stainless Steel Best OTG Oven in India
Smart Features: Best Microwave Oven Under 5000
- Capacity: The 18L limit of this OTG has plentiful space to cook delectable dishes for parties and functions, and you can also fit large utensils. It is ideal for 2 to 3 people.
- Warranty: It comes with a two years comprehensive warranty.
- Motorized Rotisserie: Now enjoy grilled chicken and soybean without the extra expense of dedicated charcoal grill.
- Cooking Timer: Now save you dishes from overcooking by adjusting the cooking timer according to your requirement.
- Functions: dedicated buttons for baking cakes, barbecue chicken, and make crispy toasts.
- Removable Crumb Tray: It has a detachable plate that makes it easy for you to clean any food spillage.
- Stainless Steel Body: If you harshly use your microwave, its stainless body will make it more durable.
4) Bajaj 20 L Best Grill Microwave Oven (2016 MTBX)
- 20L Capacity: Suitable for lone wolves or little families
- Guarantee: 1 year on microwave
- Control: Jog Dials that are anything but difficult to use with a long life
- Blend Cooking – Combination of microwave+Grill
- 30 minutes of cooking time alert
- 20 Liters Capacity: Now, you can keep large utensils or a large amount of food at once in the microwave so that you don’t have to grill dishes again and again.
- Microwave and Grill Combo: Now enjoy some roasted dishes with a crispy outer layer and juicy inner layer and heating capability.
- Multiple Power Levels: Now, you don’t have to expand the equal amount of electricity for every dish. This feature can save your electricity on items that require less power consumption.
- Cooking Alarm: You don’t need to stress and continue keeping an eye on your plans continually. The incorporated cooking time caution will keep you refreshed on what’s happening and for how longspun.
- Thermal Fuse: It saves you from radiation and accidental damage.
Best Solo Microwave Ovens in India 2020
1) Samsung 23 L Solo Best Microwave Oven in India (MS23J5133AG/TL)
- Guarantee: 1 year on the microwave oven, five years on Magnetron
- Solo, respect, and dial control catch.
- Yield Power (Microwave) 800 W
- Force defrost work; Power Consumption (Microwave):1150W
- Keep warm capacity, Child wellbeing lock: Yes
- Food Warming: It adjusts meal heating at the best possible temperature to avoid food spoilage. So your food remains loaded with essence and taste and is in every case, delightfully delectable like newly prepared cuisine.
- Healthy Cooking: This feature has preloaded 16 meals specially designed for health-conscious people and gym-goers to make your green boiled veggies or boiled chicken breast on a single press of a button.
- Soften/Melt: These features can soften the food items like cheese, mozzarella, chocolate, sugar, and butter with utmost perfection. So if you like to bake cakes, you can melt your ingredients effortlessly with this feature.
- Powerful defrost: Powerful defrost feature helps you defrost solidified nourishments rapidly and equitably without getting it wet. It also maintains the freshness of frozen foods like fish and chicken.
- Sleek Design: Samsung’s latest Microwave Oven offers high style sober design to innovate your kitchen look. The style is carefully considered in CMF design trends and functionality factors with stainless iron.
- Ceramic Inside: The Samsung microwave includes a smooth clay inside that is scratchless and stainless. It is also capable of eliminating 99.9% microbial Bacterial and other germs.
2) IFB 17 L Solo Best Microwave Oven in India (17PM MEC 1, White)
- Body and Design: it has a portable design with 17 liters that is ideal for people who live alone or a couple just for heating purposes.
- 5 Power Levels: It has five power levels according to light food and other food that require more heat so that you can save electricity on light meals.
- Speed Defrost: if you like to eat more frozen food and face defrosting problems, this microwave can help you.
- Electromechanical Timer: You can spend your electricity at your convenience with this feature.
- 3 Auto Cook: If you are terrible at cooking, then this feature will become your chef. You just have to put the ingredients, and this microwave will take care of everything.
- Round Knobs: Simple moving knobs without any complicated interface and menus.
- Warranty: It comes with a 1-year warranty on microwave oven three years on Magnetron and Cavity.
3) MarQ 20 L Solo Best Microwave Oven (MM720CXM-PM / MM720CXM-PMT)
Now, explore this fantastic microwave oven the IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PMMEC1, White) solo microwave oven. This microwave, with its combination of elegance, smart handling technology, efficiency, and, most importantly, pricing is an absolute steal.
- ISO Certified: I’m going to show you just why this BIS and ISO certified microwave has undergone 163 quality tests and has come out with flying colors; what this means is that your food is going to be heated reliably safely efficiently and all your nutrient value will remain intact.
- 5 Power levels: Speaking of efficiency, this microwave comes with five power levels and a jog dial feature. These power levels range from warm low to high. The warm level takes up 17% of power only and can be used to keep your food warm for a short period or even heating bread for all the enterprising bakers. It can be used to soften cheese butter and chocolate as well. The low power level consumes a limited of 33% of power and can be used to defrost your frozen foods or simmer ants to your soups and gravies. The medium power level uses 55% of power and is ideal for slow cooking and likely frying or stew in your food. We all know the benefits of slow cooking; it is the healthiest way to cook your food to ensure that nutritional integrity is not lost. Next, we have the medium option that utilizes 77% of the total power you want to use this mode for baking casseroles to saute and reheat your food to roast your veggies and bake convenience foods. Finally, this is the high power level that uses 100% of the power you can brown your liquids here cook different meats, fish, ground meat, bacon, or even cook an entire dish using this power level.
- Jaw Dial Feature: You need to cook your food in different ways or adjust time settings for specific recipes or want to slow cook as well as boil. This MarQ microwave has a jaw dial feature. All you have to do press a button, and you can conveniently switch between different power levels and select your required time duration.
- Jet Defrost Function: Are you confused about which level does? What when you need to defrost your food immediately? No worries, the jet defrost function is a OneTouch stop for quickly defrosting your frozen food with no hassles about setting time and selecting the level designed to be user-friendly.
- 10-Inch Round Turntable: this microwave also warms and cooks your food efficiently and uniformly place your microwave-safe dish on the 10-inch round turntable and watch it slowly rotate a full 360 degrees so that your entire dish gets thoroughly cooked. Microwave is very spacious with a 10-inch full turntable making it possible to heat large dishes inside instead of dividing your food into smaller batches for heating. Since it’s coated with easy-clean, you can quickly wipe away any spilled food with one swift motion, no more scrubbing, no more complicated buttons.
- Rust Resistant Body: gone are the days when your top layer of the food is boiling while the middle layer remains cold. The outer body of the marQ inweave microwave is also rust-resistant, making this device very safe from humidity.
- Voltage Stabilizer: a boon in the Indian climate, the inner circuits of the microwave, are also protected from voltage surges, so no device is going to go kaput in the middle of your meal.
Best Microwave Oven in India Buyer’s Guide
1) Types of Microwave Oven
They are 5 Kind of Microwave, ovens, and grillers based on their capability, cooking styles, and requirements. They are:
1.1) Solo Microwave Oven
Perfect for fundamental cooking and warming.
1.2) Grill (Barbecue) Microwave Oven
Can be utilized to barbecue chicken and fish other than warming
1.3) Convection Microwave Oven
It can be utilized for baking cakes and Barbecue other than warming.
1.4) Over the Range Microwave Oven
These are introduced over the burner and twofold as a range hood.
1.5) Built-in Microwave Oven
Intended to be introduced in custom cabinetry patterns. Needs no leeway
1.1) Solo Microwave Oven
We will talk about the pointers and what you should know when you are looking out to buy a Solo microwave and what features will fit your specific needs. What specification will be the answer to your pain points?
Solo microwaves are practical and easy to use and can be characterized as basic versions of the microwave. They are handy of reheating and cooking simple dishes like carrot halwa, vegetables (butter corn, broccoli. The most significant positive attribute of a solo microwave is that it fulfills all the essential functions end to end for a user at incredibly accessible prices. The prices for these start as low as Rs. 4000. The plus point of the solo microwaves is their efficiency as they consume less electricity than a convection microwave.
These solo microwaves are available in various capacities. The critical question you should be asking is about your requirements. More and more, the microwave capacity can be decided according to your family size and the size of your utensils. A small family of 2 to 3 is good with 17-20 Liters microwave, whereas a family of 3-4 will require 25 liters and 28 liters or more should suffice the larger families. So if your requirement is just of reheating, Defrosting frozen food or cooking essential dishes, this is the right choice for you. You can easily place a Solo microwave on kitchen slabs or any other part of your house with a switch port near it.
1.2) Grill (barbeque) Microwave Oven
Grill Microwaves are the middle range of microwaves with some extra features than solo microwaves but have some fewer features than a convection microwave. These incorporate a two boiling component at the upper and lower part, which works as a brilliant warmth source through radiation to make it a grill microwave. It also has microwaves creating Magnetron like any other microwave.
The extra heating component empowers barbecue microwaves to grill and barbeque chicken and fish like non-veg items, which is not done so efficiently in a conventional oven. The major drawback of the grill microwave is that it cannot throw equal heat on every part of food as its main focus is to grill the dishes. Grill microwaves are little cheaper tan convection microwaves due to lack of additional features, and its range starts from Rs. 5000.
1.3) Convection Microwave Oven
Some people rely entirely on microwaves when it comes to heating, baking, grilling, or defrosting; however, they cannot buy all three microwaves, namely, Solo, Grill, and a baking oven separately. Therefore companies invented the convection microwaves to fulfill all the three requirements and saving consumers from the hassle of separate microwaves and additional cost. The convection microwaves come in various capacities from 15 liters to 40 liters as per the consumer needs. If you have a small family, then I would recommend you go for a microwave up to 20 liters because a small microwave produces better results and consumes less electricity. The range of convection microwaves starts from Rs. 9000 and can go up to Rs. 35000.
The additional component that Grill microwave doesn’t have is the Fan/blower, which helps throw the equal amount of heat on all the corners of your food. You can bake cakes, grill chicken, heat tasty, and even defrost food with plenty of features. The convection microwaves are more energy efficient as they use a fan/blown to spread heat, whereas the grill microwave has to push its voltage capacity to heat the food items.
You can install convection ovens at three places, namely: countertop, over the range, and built-in. Built and over the range, microwaves are way costlier than the countertop convection microwaves.
1.4) Over the Range Microwave Oven
An over-the-run, over-run, or OTR microwave is set above the range or cooktop range. This type of microwave oven is ideal for those who don’t like the smell after baing or grill in the oven. This microwave contains a ventilation system that doesn’t let any odor smell to spread inside your kitchen or home. They are more expensive than convection microwaves as they have an additional vent system, cooktop light, and install charges.
These types of ovens are generally used by people outside India to clear the kitchen slab; however, due to there high cost, I would not advise going for this Over the top microwave ovens.
1.5) Built-in Microwave Oven
The built-in ovens required a separate cabinet where it can install. The primary purpose of the built-in microwaves is to save the kitchen space and improve the kitchen decor. The idea of built-in microwaves came from the traditional microwaves which were using made by doing a hole inside the wall. The built-in microwave oven is usually more significant than the countertop microwaves, and it also requires professional support, and its removal is also a tough task.
Built-in ovens, attributable to the additional accommodation, are sold at more significant expenses than ordinary ledge or over-the-go models.
2) Capacity – Microwave oven
Normally people have misconception about capacity of microwave ovens. S let me clarify it for you. Capacity is the inner area of microwave oven which is freely available to put the items to heat or bake dishes. The unit measure of microwave oven capacity is in liters.
You need to find the best microwave oven in India that has perfect capacity. Now, the perfect capacity means a size where you can save the kitchen space by avoiding the larger microwave oven if you don’t require it and you can also reduce power consumption to reduce electricity bills.
So how to you find out the right capacity microwave oven?
Well its very simple. If you have family of a 2 to 3 people or you are a couple with a small baby then just think of a size of largest dish that you would put in the microwave oven or the size of dishes of whole family. If you have family of 4 people with all 4 adults then go for size between 25 to 30 liters. If your family is bigger than 4 people then you can go anywhere above 30 liters.
Family Size vs. Capacity
3) Power Consumption
A bigger microwave oven not only consumes extra space in your kitchen but also increases your electricity bills. On the other hand, the smaller size microwave will have less power consumption however it wont give a satisfactory performance.
So how to find a Microwave oven with least power consumption?
The voltage range of microwave ovens in India ranges from as low as 500 watts to as high as 1600 watts. So try to find a microwave oven that makes your dishes with the least time possible and least power consumption. You might have to compromise on some part of the performance and some part of power consumption to find out the best microwave ovens in India.
4) Microwave Ovens: Utensils & Modes of Usage
There are many utensils in our homes made of different materials like steel, ceramic, plastic, glass, wood, paper, etc. but only selected utensils can be used in selected modes.
- Micro Mode: The first and most commonly used function is the micro mode in which microwaves do heating, and as you see in the video, left-side utensils are marked not to be used in micro mode, and right-side utensils are recommended for use in micro mode only. In micro mode, any utensils made of metal or having a metal lining or with metallic paint should not be used, but utensils made of microwave glass and microwave safe plastic should be used. Ceramic marks with gold or silver lining should not be used, whereas ordinary ceramic utensils can be used.
- Grill mode: the second mode is grill mode in which heating is done by a heater which is placed at the top of the cavity. In grill mode, utensils made of plastic and paper should not be used, and utensils made of metal, ceramic, or glass can be used.
- Convection mode: The third mode is convection mode in which heating is done by heater fitted at the top and back of the cavity width due to use of heaters a source of heat we should not use utensils made of plastic and papers whereas utensils made of metal-ceramic and glass can be used.
4) Grill vs. Convection Microwave
5) Microwave Oven Safety Tips
Now, we’re going to learn about microwave safety tips. There are several things you need to know in order to use a microwave oven safely. We’re going to start with safe plates and safe dishes to put inside the microwave. You can put in stoneware Melmac or porcelain dishes, and they won’t be hurt in the microwave so long as they don’t have a metal band that goes around them. So’s an example of stoneware are paper plates. They’re great for the microwave all soon here are plastic containers so long as they say microwave safe. You can use these in the microwave too, but be careful some of the plastic plates you buy will melt inside the microwave oven. The same is valid with styrofoam plates. You really should have put styrofoam in the microwave oven because it will melt. Stoneware dishes are also safe for the microwave.
What’s not safe at the microwave is metal. You would never put a pan inside the microwave. Don’t leave your spoon in your bowl in the microwave; this will spark could cause a bummer. Be careful when you’re reheating your hot water because this metal band around this little coffee pot will hurt your microwave oven—no metal in the microwave, not aluminum foil, not spoons, not pans, no metal. Don’t use your microwave if the window is correct and don’t stand too close to it. Also, don’t look inside the microwave while it’s going that’s not good for your eyes, so move away from it when it’s working.
Here are your number pads check your number check it twice one zero is one minute that’s very different from one zero zero-zero that’s 10 minutes, so make sure that the number that goes up on the screen is the number in your cookbook on your directions or in your recipe.
You also want to be careful to stir any hot food that comes out of the microwave heat doesn’t distribute evenly in microwave cooked food. So you might have some very very hot places and some places that aren’t very hot at all by stirring up your food and letting it sit for a few seconds before you eat it or use it. It helps to distribute that heat. Now you know how to be safe around your microwave oven there’s a test in the book see how well you remember the instructions and good luck with your cooking you.
6) Microwave Oven Do’s and Don’s
- Never cut the power cord to use local adapters. Never use extension volts to operate the microwave oven.
- Don’t use metal utensils in micro mode.
- Don’t use plastic utensils in grill or convection mode. You can use microwave-safe glass utensils in all the modes.
- Never use aluminum foil in micro mode.
- Don’t cover the top of microwave oven with cloth ven I’ll cheat polythene etc. during operation.
- Don’t put anything on the top of the microwave oven.
- Don’t open the cover or cabinet of the microwave oven by yourself. It is a high-voltage product, and you may get an electric shock.
- Don’t use the product for other than cooking. For example the drying of clothes newspaper etc. as it may catch fire.
- Don’t heat or cook the food having hot chunks bottles with the lid closed sealed containers, etc., as they may explode.
- Don’t install the product near water source splashing of water into the microwave may cause electric shock—proper ventilation required to disperse the heat generated inside during cooking.
- Before cooking, please check there should not be any food or cloth or any other particle in between door and cavity as it may burn wear gloves to take out the cooked food or accessory after cooking as it will be boiling.
- Never eat food immediately after cooking in the microwave oven. Allow some standing time liquids heated in the microwave should not be consumed directly after taking out the microwave oven to stir them with a spoon before use.
- do not boil X in a microwave oven as the eggs may explode
7) How Microwave oven works?
Now we are going to learn how a microwave oven works. So what are microwaves?
They’re just a form of energy that moves in a wave-like way, much like visible light. Let us have a look at the electromagnetic spectrum in the picture given below.
Here’s visible light, right in the middle. And as we move this way along the spectrum, the wavelength gets longer. And our microwaves are here, between IR and radio-waves. Now the microwaves produced by our ordinary microwave oven are of just the right wavelength to be absorbed by water, and foods like potatoes are full of water.
Imagine for a second that this isn’t a potato but is a water molecule. It’s polar, Which means it’s positively charged on one side and negatively charged on the other side. As the microwave passes by, the water molecules vibrate to stay aligned with the oscillation from the wave. And it’s this vibration that causes heat.
Now contrary to popular belief, microwaves don’t heat foods from the inside out. The microwaves still penetrate the outer part of the food first, which is why you’ll see on cooking instructions it often tells you to leave the food to stand for a little while, which allows the heat to penetrate evenly throughout the food. Microwaves don’t heat plastics, glass, or ceramics. That’s because their molecules are not polar.
If the bowl does get hot, it’s through the conduction of heat from the food itself. And I’m sure you know never to put metal objects inside the microwave. That’s because many metals reflect microwaves, and you get that ‘arcing’ or sparking. And that’s dangerous and can cause damage to the microwave oven. So, let’s open ours up.
Now I’m doing something we recommend you don’t do. It would help if you didn’t even take off your microwave’s outer casing like I’m doing. A qualified appliance engineer should only ever do it. We’ve got high voltages inside, and it can be potentially quite dangerous. But I’m doing that so that I can show you the flow of the electrical current through the microwave; obviously, I’m unplugged from the mains.
So it comes into this little board here where we’ve got a fuse and a little filter, which cleans any noise from the electrical signal. It comes across here to this, which is a thermal cut out switch. It just means if everything is getting too hot inside, it will cut the power before things start to catch fire.
It then comes down to a little micro-switch, which, if I open and close the door, hopefully, you can see that it’s cutting the current to stop the microwaves when the door is open. That also comes up to a bulb here, so we can see what we are doing inside, and down to our main control board here.
Now the control board is obviously where we set the power level and duration that we want to cook for. It comes down to this big lump at the bottom here, which is a transformer, and that’s just jumping the voltage up from ordinary 240-volt mains electricity, up to several thousand volts; it depends on what make and model of microwave that you’ve got. But we need that high voltage to power this part, which is called the magnetron.
And the magnetron is what produces the microwaves. They are filtered through this part here, channeled through this, called the waveguide, and out into the cavity of the microwave. Now there’s a cover on this called the waveguide cover. It can be either a plastic one like this, or you might find that you have this slightly metallic card. And it’s just to stop any food getting inside the waveguide and into the magnetron; because you don’t want that to happen. But it’s one of the few parts that are quickly replaceable on a microwave.
Now there’s just a couple of motors I want to show you. There’s a motor here that’s driving this fan. That’s to draw ambient air across the magnetron, stopping it getting too hot. That comes past the bulb and across the cavity and then vents out this side of the microwave.
Now the other motor is right in the middle underneath here. And that’s just what turns the plate around whist the microwave is on, and the food is cooking. And the plate is very often broken. It’s the most commonly replaced spare part of a microwave. So hopefully you now know how a microwave works.
Waveguide covers and microwave plates, and other spare parts for microwaves are available for all makes and models in the market.
8) History of Microwave Oven
they’re quick to heat our leftovers pop our corn and cook up some bacon no kitchen will be complete without one of these light up peeping little boxescalled microwave oven. it’s a button for defrost because this is the history of the microwave atom tragedy. often times some great fails and the same could be said of the microwaves inventor Percy Spencer. Spencer’s father died when Percy was only 18 months old overcome with grief his mother dropped the baby off with an uncle at the age of 12.
Percy left school although out of the academic environment he took a great interest in electricity and radio transmission. some say his interest grew upon learning of the Titanic’s disaster and that the inventive young man wanted to do something to foster radial power and prevent future tragedies at the age of 18. Spencer signed up with the United States Navy while serving his country he continued to learn all he could about metallurgy chemistry physics and calculus. in addition he worked the wireless radio communication rules that would suit him later in his research. for example on some cold days radio operators would huddle in front of the magnetron winters used to detect other ships. these waves of energy produced by the emitters would warm the sailors Spencer.
we notice that and it would later help them with the Magnificent discovery after his service ended Spencer won to work at waiting a company known for his state-of-the-art devices as he worked on a magnetron he discovered that a candy bar in his pocket melted. curious by that Spencer would later experiment with different food items such as eggs and corn kernels. the results were cooked food and a breakthrough discoveries Spencer then coupled the magnetron with an enclosed Microwave oven to focus the energy waves and speed up the cooking process.
Raytheon would later patent the device as the radar range on october 8 1935 as we know it today as solenoid the first commercial microwave sold in 1946 for a cost of $5,000 for the six foot tall and 700 pound contraption. in 1967 the price dropped to four hundred ninety five dollars and by 1975 microwave ovens can be found fifty percent of American kitchen. the popularity spread over time and 90% of homes had a microwave by 1994. microwaves work with non ionizing radiation which means that these little devices aren’t harmful to their users. the mesh covering on the doors allow light output bounce the waves back to the food metals such as aluminum attract those rage and low art so avoid using anything that is not labeled microwave safe.
the magnetron works on liquid entries but oils just aren’t affected by the way. so the next time you wait for those last kernels of popcorn to pop think about Percy Spencer and the work he did to make our food cook that much faster.
To sum up, I’d state there’s no perfect pick for everybody. There’s so much that influences the reasonableness of a microwave or some other apparatus so far as it is concerned with a kitchen. The most persuasive elements being your cooking prerequisites, space limitations, and your financial plan to find your best Microwave ovens in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should never take out your food immediately from the microwave oven as the radiation produced by the oven can be dangerous for your health. Therefore it is advisable to wait for around 5 minutes before you take the first bite.
The radio waves produced by the microwave oven is specifically designed to pass through glass and some plastic utensils. However, it doesn’t pass through the metal utensils and your metal utensils absorb all the heat and your food doesn’t get warm because of that reaction. Too much heat can turn into a blast and it can malfunction your microwave oven.
There are various types of microwave ovens available in the Indian market. However, only convection microwave oven and baking oven are designed to bae cake in them. You will not be able to bake in solo or grill microwave oven. So, I would advise you to choose your microwave oven wisely according to your requirements.
in 2020, brands like LG, Samsung, and IFB are coming up with pre-configured features that are specifically designed to bake or cook various recipes and Pizza is one among them. So if you like to bake or cook fancy items for your family then you should definitely buy a convection microwave oven.
the working life of any home appliances is based on its usage. If you are a person who is completely dependent on the microwave oven then it might work for around 8 years. If you are using your microwave oven once in a while or only for a special occasion then it can work for 15 years also.
Plastic utensils are made of different materials therefore not all the plastics are safe for microwave oven. If the utensil has 5 numbers imprinted on it, it is made from polypropylene, PP, so it is usually deemed ideal for microwave oven.
convection microwave oven and grill microwave oven are ideal for the roasting streak, fish, chicken, and limbs. They come with a steel rack where you can keep the pieces of meat after marinating it and it will start working as a manual tandoor.
People often complain about the bad odor or smell especially when they cook or grill meat in a microwave oven. therefore many big brands have come up with a self-cleaning feature and deodorizer that take care of all the unwanted smell in the microwave oven.
well it might not be dangerous for you health however it can malfunction your microwave oven. Therefore it is always advisable to open the door after you have stopped the timer as due care will enhance the working life of microwave oven.